Strange problem with my internet

Dampel

Baseband Member
So when i leave my PC on for a few hours my internet will stop loading webpages at all, only a few will work "google,facebook" but i can play online and everything else still works.
The only fix i can do is restarting my pc which is becoming a problem.

Wired or wireless?

Try updating your network drivers from the network card manufacturer's website. Don't use the "Update driver" through Device Manager - that only checks Microsoft's server, not the manufacturer.

Wired or wireless?

Try updating your network drivers from the network card manufacturer's website. Don't use the "Update driver" through Device Manager - that only checks Microsoft's server, not the manufacturer.

Wired, also ive got the up to date drivers aswell

Could possibly be a DNS issue.

Next time it happens, open up command prompt and run:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

And after it gets a new IP, see if it works.

Sounds like a bad network driver, or issue with your router -> PC then.

Have you tried a different ethernet cable? Or even a different port on the router? Do you have a modem/router combo, or are they separate devices?

If they're separate...have you tried bypassing your router and going directly to the modem to see if you have the same issue?

Try getting a different version of your network card driver if you can. What brand/model is it? And what OS are you running?

Sounds like a bad network driver, or issue with your router -> PC then.

Have you tried a different ethernet cable? Or even a different port on the router? Do you have a modem/router combo, or are they separate devices?

If they're separate...have you tried bypassing your router and going directly to the modem to see if you have the same issue?

Try getting a different version of your network card driver if you can. What brand/model is it? And what OS are you running?
Ill try reinstalling the drivers, this only happened when i reinstalled windows 10.
Ill try using another cable and a different port, uhh im not sure what i use, i have a virginmedia superhub if that helps.

Okay so today when i turned on my pc i was already having the problem, i did some more research and i found that running cmd as an admin and inputting "netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt" fixed it upon restarting.

If anyone understands all this please tell me because this is become such a pain.

Okay so today when i turned on my pc i was already having the problem, i did some more research and i found that running cmd as an admin and inputting "netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt" fixed it upon restarting.

If anyone understands all this please tell me because this is become such a pain.

Your Network settings were played with and messed up or corrupt. This resets to default.

Basically resetting settings in this area (ignore the red highlights, just a pic I found):
http://www.home-network-help.com/images/windows-7-network-tcpip.jpg

Did you change IP? DNS? or anything in the above pic? if so, that was what broke it.

Or somehow (very rare) some setting in there got corrupted, dont ask me how..

Back
Top Bottom