Smart devices

jeremyC77

Beta member
Good morning!
I have a lot of smart devices in my home, light bulbs, nest thermostat, echo devices (Amazon Alexa), garage door opener, etc. The last time I changed to a new internet service provider, it was a real pain having to set up each individual smart device on the new wireless router belonging to the new service provider.

Looking ahead, I would like to avoid that next time. I'm wondering if I could get a wireless router/range extender/something to which I could have all of my smart devices wirelessly connected, and have the wireless router/range extender/?? connect to the internet service provider's router. My hope being that I could change to the new service provider's router just one time in one place. Is that possible? What would I need to buy?

Note: I have smart devices all over my two-story house and even in the garage, so there is a whole house to cover.

It would probably be better to buy your own modem and router, and have your ISP switch you to your own modem, and then connect your router to the new modem. That way you control your network hardware, and not your ISP.

Hello! Check out this router - Xiaomi Mi WiFi Router 4A Gigabit Edition Global Version (DVB4224GL)
It is not expensive however you will be able to connect all your devices and no need to pay for the rent.

Back
Top Bottom