Setting Up A PPP (Dialup) Server At Home And Still Use Answering Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

eatnumber1

Beta member
i have setup windows to "allow incoming connections" with my modem, but my problem is that when i call my house, the modem picks up, and anyone calling can't get to the answering machine. (I have 1 phone line, cant afford another) anyone know of a way so that like, u can press a button, and itll goto the dialup server, or something? Thx

Yes, there is an item that I sell to clients called a "stick" that allows to data lines to be used together. We've never used it with a voice/data line. You'd simply know ahead of time which device was what on the "stick" and you'd know in what order they would chain in. So, if the modem was second in line, you'd hit #3 after the number and it would litterally bump the signal to the right device. #3, #3 would go to the 3rd device, etc. And simply calling the number without a #3 would go just to the number itself.....whatever was first on the chain.

a;right, i gound the stick online, but its too expensive... are there any other alternatives to thet... preferably a program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom