Port forwarding problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I cannot get port forwarding to work. I have tried to set up a static IP, but it doesn't work. I use BellSouth DSL, if that helps.

I have tried the DNS listed by "ipconfig /all", and I also tried the DNS listed on BellSouth's FAQ. Neither work and shut down my connection.

If anyone knows where I can find the proper DNS for BellSouth, I will definitely try them. Or if there is any way to get this done other wise...

I located the DNS servers for BellSouth, and am working on forwarding my modem. I go through the steps for my model, but portforwarding.com doesn't give me the info in the form. It leaves out the port range and base port (something).

Any suggestions? Any other source for this info?

Any suggestions here? i have had to connect directly to the modem... I have somehow disabled by router (can't get to the control panel). I am hoping to work on it this evening.

My modem is a Westell 890-610030-06 (acts as a router, but only has a single port), and my router is a Linksys WRT54G.

When you're plugged directly to the modem do you get a 192.168 IP?

ignore the modem unless it is a gateway (router) too. port forward the router. we had a topic on that router before on the old forum side. what's your torrent client?

When you're plugged directly to the modem do you get a 192.168 IP?
Yes.

what's your torrent client?
uTorrent, thinking of trying Deluge.

He may need to put his modem in bridge mode if its a router.
Right now I am running direct to the modem. I upgraded the firmware on the router and had to call Linksys to get it to working again. i then went to configure it (wireless and all) and the instructions said to change the IP... I did, and now have no connectivity (again). yes, I have released and attempted to renew, but with the router I get nada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom