OCZ SSD Failed Twice And Lost Important Data

akasixcon

This is sparta!
Hello,
My second Harddrive that OCZ sent me has failed again. It seems like airplanes, magnetic things and scanning is causing it? I'm not sure why the harddrive can't even be recognized anymore. I need help as it has important data. I know it's covered by the insurance and all that. However, I just lost more money via data.

Magnets don't affect SSD's.

What model of OCZ SSD is it?

The controller probably went out on it. Is it not accessible at all? Have you already sent it in for warranty before? The older OCZ drives used to die a lot.

Oh, there are magnets out there that will play with an SSD in very bad ways... Highly unlikely anyone here has access to ones that are strong enough to do that though.

Oh, there are magnets out there that will play with an SSD in very bad ways... Highly unlikely anyone here has access to ones that are strong enough to do that though.

Basically the strength of an MRI machine would be needed to damage flash storage.

Magnets don't affect SSD's.

What model of OCZ SSD is it?

The controller probably went out on it. Is it not accessible at all? Have you already sent it in for warranty before? The older OCZ drives used to die a lot.

It's a Vector 2.5" Solid State Drive

INDILINX INFUSED

PN VTR-1

REFURBISHED OCZ VECTOR SATA III SOLID S TATE DRIVE 512 GB

Good to know!

Basically the strength of an MRI machine would be needed to damage flash storage.

Thanks!

Yeup, like I said, highly unlikely anyone here has access to one. :D

Sweet!

You guys are very knowledgeable.

Back
Top Bottom