New PC has an unstable Internet connection

AaronKyle98

Solid State Member
Here's the situation. I got a new PC 5 days ago and I've had no issues aside from my internet.

On Friday, my connection would randomly cut off when I turned on Netflix on my TV. For the duration that Netflix was streaming my PC connection would cut off every 15 minutes. I mean it would literally disconnect and reconnect.

On Saturday everything was fine until I turned on Netflix on my TV. The connection on my PC was fine for a while until it was unable to load any webpage for about 2 minutes after which my PC froze for 1 second and everything was fine afterwards, no disconnects.

On Sunday, yesterday, when my brother started playing online on the PS4 my connection was brutally slow, I mean 3-7Mbit (Usually it's 25). So I called my operator and they did something and for the rest of the day, my connection was fine.
Today I got a random disconnect from my PC. So took out my Wireless Adapted and put it back in and that didn't fix it. It said Connected, No Internet. So restarted my PC and now it's fine.

The issue doesn't happen on any other devices like phones or tablet. I'm using the same Internet Adapted I used on my old PC and. Should I call my operator again of is there something else I should do?

If you can try using a cable to the router to see if it disconnects under load. If it doesn't it could be interference of some sort causing disconnects or an issue with the router and the adapters you are using.

I don't have one. The issue happens only on my PC and not on any other devices. I tried updating the drivers and I got the same issue. It disconnected and reconnected by itself again.

The 'control' of this issue is the fact that you have a new PC. Hooking it up with a cable would be able to rule out an OS/PC issue to further troubleshoot the problem. Since both adapters give the same issue we're still down to OS/PC, interference, or the router. Just because it doesn't happen on any other devices doesn't mean the router can't be disconnecting the new device for whatever reason. Without being able to rule out potential issues there's not much in the way that can be helped outside of what you've already done. Only 2 actions can be done which is reset the router, or reset the PC without a process of elimination.

The reason I say interference is because you only have this issue when another device nearby is running aka the TV with Netflix or the PS4.

I've noticed another thing. All other devices aside from my PC are turned off and I still get random disconnects but only between 2-4 PM (GMT +2). That is around the same time it happened on Friday so maybe it wasn't related to any other devices.

The thing is, a month ago I ordered a new PC from some ****ty company and it had hardware errors. Long story short they send me another PC which didn't work so I got a refund. I was dealing with them for a month and I really don't want to send this PC back as I only noticed connectivity issues and nothing wrong with the software/hardware.

Back
Top Bottom