Network Connected But I Can't Get Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithryndil

In Runtime
I am unable to connect to my wireless network . There are two computers that are connecting to a router through the network at the moment...both are connecting through wireless means. On my computer I can sometimes get the connection to be excellent, however, I cannot connect to the internet. Before the issues I changed a setting in bitcomet to set the TCP/IP to 15 instead of 10. On top of this I can't enable my firewall. Whenever I try to it says "Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running?" I am actually posting this through the other computer...which can access the network fine.

First, go back and change that setting and see what happens. Then open a command prompt and type ipconfig /all and see if you get an IP address. Then type ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew. All this is assuming you are using DHCP.

Whenever I had tried the IPCONFIG/ALL nothing would happen. I finally resorted to reinstalling service pack 2. This seems to have helped the firewall issue and my internet issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom