Microsoft Remote Desktop

TheDrunk

In Runtime
I get a error in remote desktop

Can't Connect to the remote PC.

There seems to be a problem with the remote PC.Contact technical Support or ask your network adminstrator for help

I have gone through all setting in windows 10 premium,
I have allowed remote access and I have also joined my two systems together on a group

Laptop
HP M2B99UA#ABA
AMD A-8 dual core
with R5 radeon graphics
8Gig DDR3 ram
1tb HDD
64Xbit Windows 10 Home premuim

Tablet
Pavilion X2
intel pentium N3510 @1.99 1.99
4G& ddr3 ram
64G HDD (24.8G free)
64x bit WIndows 10 Home Premium

Both Systems are windows 10, both systems are set to allow remote desktop connections, both systems are set up equally the same for allowing remote access.

I am wanting to control my laptop form my tablet ( Pavilion X2 ) while I am out for a smoke or in the living room, being able to have full desktop controll with out having to pay for a program, I am wondering if I may get soe help with conecting the two, for I also have a desktop I might remote to form my tablet,

I am used to using a PFsence and linxus distros to do remote access, yet I am using windows based machines, due to school or should I say I am to lazy to configure my three componets to work with school on linux machines.

Your problem is that you are trying to connect to a machine running Win 10 Home which cannot act as a host for Remote Desktop connections. If your laptop was running Win 10 Pro, then it could act as a host computer while your tablet could act as a client and connect to it. Home editions of Windows can only act in a client role for Remote Desktop.

Instead of using Remote Desktop, I recommend Teamviewer (which is free). It's very easy to use and doesn't have the restrictions that Remote Desktop has.

Last edited:
He's right. I specifically bought win 10 pro for this reason, though with my VPN enabling secure outside access i use it more often than then average user so it was worth the extra money.

Teamviewer, logmein, screenconnect are great alternatives.

Back
Top Bottom