Loosing Wireless Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I have a Belkin Wireless G Router, and a Belkin Wireless G Card, in my PC. I keep loosing my connection to the network, which means no internet. Does anyone know why a Wireless Router would just constantly dump my connection? WHen I am connected im getting a perfect signal. And there isnt anything unusal that happens when I loose the connection either, like a wireless phone ringing or something like that. Its does it all the time at random times in the day. I feel like im back on my old DSL again. I think I made a mistake when I decided to go wireless, because so far this sucks. Anyways I could use some help, I have never heard of anyone having problems like this before. I know two people with wireless networks and they love em.

i have the same exact router, and i get excellent signals a floor away... but there was heavy interference with other wireless networks around. I suggest getting into your router firmware by putting 192.168.2.1 into any browser...and changing the channel and put protected mode on...it will be better for interference. most importantly, make sure that it is broadcasting the SSID. otherwise, you may lose the connection easily and not being able to find it....also, put on some security, like WEP or WPA or the like.... hope this helps.

on a side note, my wireless capabilities were really crappy at first... I get strong signals with no internet, or internet with weak signals..sometimes it didnt even connect when it was like 2 feet away from ap to wireless card... but after a day or two after leaving it on...it kinda "broke in" and everything was stable.

It could be that your passing threw insolated walls. They usually kill the connection. Or maybe theres something causing interfearence that could be also in the walls/celing. The best thing is to start right beside the router then go for a walk and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom