"Limited or no connection" Plz help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manhuntkotor

In Runtime
I have a dell dimension 2400 with win. xp. My dads computer is a dell inspirion 1150. Earlier today i wanted to download the Half life 2 demo to my dads computer. I unplugged the Cable/Dsl modem part that hooks into the back of my computer, the LAN part. I plugged it into the laptop. Didnt work. So i said forget it and just decided to use his wireless connection. I plugged the modem back into the dimension 2400. I now get the error "Limited or no connection". I am not sure what went wrong. The cable modem is functioning correctly and the system recognizes it but it just wont get online. I have read something about Winsock, but i am not sure what it is. Then i heard about unplugging the modem from the computer, turning the modem off for around 2 minutes, and reconect. Plz help. Manhuntkotor

That would be the first step I would take is power off both the PC and modem. Let the modem sit for a minute or two, power it back on then whats it went through all its test turn the PC on. See what that does. Maybe try renewing the IP address if it even lets you. What kind of IP address are you getting right now that will tell us a lot.

Go to START>RUN> then type CMD in the Run line. Then at the prompt type ipconfig and read us back some of that info.

I tried all kinds of crap last night. Came in here this morning, turned the modem off, disconnected the cable, turned the power to the modem back on, connected it to the computer and it work. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom