Laptop Cannot Find WIFI Connections

chelsea_lover17

Baseband Member
All,

Hope you can help me.

Relocated to Dubai and just bloody typical that my laptop starts playing up. Initially, the fan became extremely loud, attempted to fix this myself with no luck. I took it to a repair shop today who did the job. Once returned to me, I gave it a good clean over. Once I got him home, I've discovered that I can't find any WIFI networks. when I first turned the laptop on I saw a limited connection symbol, but now its just the normal signal bar but with a red x on it.

When I looked for WIFI connections, it just says 'No Networks Available'. When I search with my other laptop, 2 phones and PS4, 5 networks our visible.

I've turned WIFI on and off using the keyboard button, Ive restarted my laptop and i disabled and then enabled the network adaptor. I've also checked a few youtube videos out and done the whole IPconfig /all , IPconfig /release , Ipconfig /renew - but all this says is 'connection has its media disconnected'

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I can't get back to the repair shop until next week.

Thanks in advance.

Open up the bottom panel of the laptop and see if you can see the wifi card. Make sure it has the 2 or 3 antenna wires (white/black or white/grey/black) connected to it. It's possible the repair shop forgot to hook up the antenna wires again.

Back
Top Bottom