Killer Ethernet Adapter Not Working?

LodoLoco

Solid State Member
So, here's the background info. My friend was playing on my computer and all the sudden the internet went down.

Ever since, I've tried all the basics, resetting my modem/router, restarting PC, updated ethernet drivers, i turned the Ethernet adapter off then on again, uninstalled, and reinstalled it, and nothing. I got in touch with a guy from KIller and he had me send him some diagnostics, and then gave me a sequence of commands to execute. Eventually, after some back and forth he decided that it wasn't the ethernet card, but something with my router. He said that my router might have a limit on how many IPs it can give out so I reset it, and nothing happened.

My ethernet adapter is a Killer E2500
my router is an Arris Surf Board SBG6700-AC combo modem/router

Attachments

• cmd image.PNG
    cmd image.PNG
    28.3 KB · Views: 3
Something simple but was not mentioned... have you tried using a different ethernet cable? Or a different physical port on your router? Does other devices connected to the router still have connectivity?

Ohh yeah, forgot to mention. My roomate is hardwired in there and is getting to the Internet as usual, and wifi works with no hitch. Also we tried swapping ports between us with no change, as well as swapping cables...

If you can lay hands on a cheap NIC to test with I would do it. If the test NIC works then check on your warranty with the Killer.

Back
Top Bottom