IP won't change from wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLEEb

Baseband Member
I just got my laptop back from being fixed and etc..

I now have to set the wireless back up all over again in which I didn't have any problems the first time.

However, now the IP from my desktop will not change to the one Buffalo router has implied it to change to.

My desktop IP won't change and I have gone through nearly everything suggested.

The IP was changed at one point, but the modem was offline and as soon as I turned it online, it changed back.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

The ip address on the desktop doesn't change if you use DHCP, most likely the desktop is just requesting the same address to be used again. This shouldn't be a problem if only this address is being used.

You also might want to check the TCP/IP setting for any manual entry.

Want to tell me how to do this please? I'm not very good with computers let alone why the internet won't connect.

You are going to have to provide more information here... What is the trouble...

Your laptop won't connect wirelessly?
Elaborate on the desktop IP... what IP does it have now, and what IP address do you think it is supposed to have?

describe the topology of your network... how many hosts, which ones work, how they connect together...

Ok, my laptop will connect wirelessly.. It is setting up my internet which I have previously MANY times set up before.

I have a Buffalo router off of my modem on my desktop computer which I am on now. My laptop is the second computer in my house and the only wireless one.

My desktop IP needs to change for it is able to connect to http://192.168.11.1 but it shows the page inactive.

I previously was just able to hook up my router and then my internet would detect my homemade wireless but now it doesn't show it.

I have asked around and they say that it is because my IP now that won't change. (68.60.175.40)

Help please :(

Ok, my laptop will connect wirelessly.. It is setting up my internet which I have previously MANY times set up before.

I have a Buffalo router off of my modem on my desktop computer which I am on now. My laptop is the second computer in my house and the only wireless one.

My desktop IP needs to change for it is able to connect to http://192.168.11.1 but it shows the page inactive.

I previously was just able to hook up my router and then my internet would detect my homemade wireless but now it doesn't show it.

I have asked around and they say that it is because my IP now that won't change. (68.60.175.40)

Help please :(

:D I think we are just as confused as you are now. What is the IP address of your desktop when you open up command prompt and type the command ipconfig /all?

The desktop and laptop address should appear in the 192.168.11.0 network range. If you have anything different, most likely your laptop is connected to another wireless network or you may have disable the Internet sharing capability of your router and the desktop has allocated the global IP address for itself.

As law mentioned, do an IPCONFIG /ALL on the PC... If you cannot get to the router config page, it is likely that the router's IP address is not 192.168.11.1. When you do the command IPCONFIG /ALL, the default gateway will be the router's IP address. This is what you will want to put into the address bar to access it.

Perform the command, and give us the results.

Found the solution.

My wireless network card in my laptop was broken or mis configured. They have to send it in to fix it. Thanks anyways guys :) Took 2 times for them to figure out the network cardwas broken :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom