How to find or recover Lost e-mails within a folder under Inbox?

EthelbertShort

Beta member
How can I restore lost e-mail for a user who does not know what has happened to his e-mails under a folder that he had in his inbox?
He is using Outlook2007 and connect to Exchange 2003 (use cache feature of outlook)
The lost e-mail is not in his deleted folder.
I created his profile on another PC and the folder is empty.
If I have to use "Recovery Storage Group in Exchange 2003 MS Article ID:824126" I must say I have created "Recover Storage Group" and I am lost to continue.
Thanks!

There are a couple of possibilities. First, he may have accidentally moved it to another folder. But I assume that you've already searched for it. Second, have you checked the Recover Deleted Items function from the tools menu item. If you have not, highlight the Deleted items folder and then choose the Recover Deleted Items from the tools menu. A third possibility is that he hard deleted the message by deleting it with the SHIFT key pressed. These items will not show up in the deleted items folder or be available normally from the Recover Deleted Items function. However, there is a registry hack that will reveal Deleted items, even hard deleted ones in other folders. As always be careful when editing the registry.

Go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Options. On the Edit menu add a DWORD value called DumpsterAlways On and give it a value of 1. Quit the Registry editor. Restart Outlook if it's open and go to the folder where the email was supposed to be, highlight it and do the Recover Deleted Items and it will show any hard deleted items that lived in that folder.
Or you can try to restore mail via Recovery Toolbox for Outlook. Some of the ways have to help necessarily. https://outlook.recoverytoolbox.com/

Thank you guys for your feedback and help. Sorry, that long time did not respond. This is because the issue was solved and I forgot to tell.) Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom