Gaming Router

PaytonLlama

Beta member
So I was wanting to get a new gaming router for my new Console since our CenturyLink router is horrible and I was wondering if I got the gaming router would it screw up the other one or have problems with the other router, Thank you sincerely PaytonLlama~

Wouldn't you just replace your existing router with a new router?

Also, what "gaming router" are you looking at? I can almost bet that it'll just have a bunch of marketing buzzwords attached to it to make it a "gaming router" and that you could find a better router.

No I wasn't going to replace it just use it for my Xbox one I got and the "gaming routers" name is Linksys AC1200 Dual-band Smart Wi-Fi Wireless Router

I am using a ASUS RT‑AC56U wireless router. We have about 10 wireless devices connected and also have 3 Xbox One's that are wirelessly connected. I have never had any issues with streaming and all three Xbox's can be connected at the same time without any lag at all. Hope this helps!

I can second the Asus RT router line. Those things are mighty powerful for a consumer line. I'm also liking the Ubiquiti line of routers and APs, but haven't had any personal experience with them yet. I think one of those may be my next purchase.

I can second the Asus RT router line. Those things are mighty powerful for a consumer line. I'm also liking the Ubiquiti line of routers and APs, but haven't had any personal experience with them yet. I think one of those may be my next purchase.

PP re-did his network at home with Ubiquiti IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom