Do PoE injectors come with more than 1 port?

aimo3

In Runtime
I require 4 PoE ports .. do PoE injectors come with more than 1 port or I have to buy 4 injectors (or PoE switch)?

The problem with 4 injectors is that they need 4 electrical sockets. Or is there another solution?

A PoE switch would work.
But from what I've seen, yes, PoE injectors each have a network line in, power line in, and PoE line out.

A single PoE injector only serves a single device and comes with the device.

To reduce the number of injectors feeding from a single location, you will need to get a PoE switch that will supply the correct voltage.

They are available.

So we'll have to go with either the expensive solution (new switch) which will likely get rejected by manager, or pulling ugly electrical cables and trunking.

So we'll have to go with either the expensive solution (new switch) which will likely get rejected by manager, or pulling ugly electrical cables and trunking.

PoE switches are really not that expensive. Here is the USA, I just bought a 48 port PoE switch for $175.00. Cheap.

Why would your manager reject this?

Also, why would you need to "pull ugly electrical cables" and what trunking are
you talking about.

I guess a system lay out would help to under stand what you want to do.

What devices are you installing/using that use Poe?

^ Link to the switch?

Managed PoE switches from Cisco and the like can cost anywhere from a couple thousand to $50k+, depending on feature set. Most of the ones we use here generally retail for around $10,000.

PoE switches are really not that expensive. Here is the USA, I just bought a 48 port PoE switch for $175.00. Cheap.

Why would your manager reject this?

Also, why would you need to "pull ugly electrical cables" and what trunking are
you talking about.

I guess a system lay out would help to under stand what you want to do.

What devices are you installing/using that use Poe?
Which brand is this and how good and long life do you think it is? D-Link DES-1210-28P is $ 295 here. Maybe I'll buy D-Link DGS-1008P. It's $ 87.

The APs are Huawei AP5010 and will be placed on the walls where there are network sockets, but no electrical outlets.

Ok so I take it this is for AP's for wireless connection. That is why there are PoE's as these devices can be powered over the either cable.

You do not need an electrical out at the device.

You place the PoE at your network rack, connect your AP device to the PoE switch and the device is now powered and ready to go.

SO>>>lay out looks like this>>>Internet provider to the modem to your router to your PoE switch then to all devices.

If you also have wired device, I normally do a normal do router to normal switch then to PoE switch which does not put power over the normal network.

^ Link to the switch?

Managed PoE switches from Cisco and the like can cost anywhere from a couple thousand to $50k+, depending on feature set. Most of the ones we use here generally retail for around $10,000.

What switch's are you using that cost $10K? I think some one saw you coming.

I see them from $250 to $1500.

Back
Top Bottom