connecting work PC on home wifi

bulletooth

Beta member
Hi,
this is a dumb question from a not at all savvy computer guy, so my apologies...

I was given a work laptop which can simulate my office pc by simply logging onto home wifi.
Although i keep my personal browsing and work browsing seperate....would in any way shape or form my personal browsing habbits become visible on work laptop once paired to my personal wifi? ....

Unless you're remoting into a different environment from home (like into a Virtual Machine), then yes. History / cookies /etc. are stored in the browser on the laptop, not on the individual network (work vs home) that you're on.

Do you use separate computers to do the browsing? If so, then your browsing history will not be transferred from your personal computer to your work computer simply by connecting both to the same network.

If you use a browser like FireFox that can sync your bookmarks, then any bookmarks you save on your personal computer will be synced to your work computer and vice versa regardless of whether or not they are plugged into the same network.

Thanks for the replies...
I am limited to only chrome and IE for the work computer, its highly restricted....lucky I can use USBs! LOL

So I guess this answers my questions that keeping personal browsing on personal PC and work related browsing on company laptop, nothing will intermingle in anyway. i.e. IT cannot monitor previous traffic or traffic going forward that gets done on personal devices.
Correct?...

Don't get me wrong, not doing anything illegal or anything like that .... but just want to keep personal browsing (kids, wife, myself etc.) separate and un-visible to work laptop/IT...

Thanks for the replies...
I am limited to only chrome and IE for the work computer, its highly restricted....lucky I can use USBs! LOL

So I guess this answers my questions that keeping personal browsing on personal PC and work related browsing on company laptop, nothing will intermingle in anyway. i.e. IT cannot monitor previous traffic or traffic going forward that gets done on personal devices.
Correct?...

Don't get me wrong, not doing anything illegal or anything like that .... but just want to keep personal browsing (kids, wife, myself etc.) separate and un-visible to work laptop/IT...

Correct - your work laptop won't "harvest" info from other devices over the network.

Back
Top Bottom