Briding WiFi card with LAN connection

setishock

Wizard of Wires
As predicted this person never came back to close out the issue they were having.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f44/nic-teaming-276896/

My question is sort of like that but a little different. I want to bridge (a M$ term) one of my hardwire lan connection with my wifi card. The take the lan connection and connect to my router.
Reason behind all that is my WD MyCloudMirror nas box is connected to the router also and needs to have an internet connection to update its firmware and get on the cloud server at WD.
I want to share some movies with some friends out of state.

When I bridge the lan and the wifi there is no connection still to the nas box. It's got to be something simple I'm over looking I'm sure. I'm running the Intel drivers for the lan connections on my system. The ones that will let you "team" both hardwire connections together.

I have a nice sophisticated router from TP-Link. Plenty of programing options. But can't seem to find the handle to make the connection work.

Help

It fails to extend the wifi to the lan connection. I've read somewhere some wifi cards get disconnected when the lan is enabled. I'm still trying to find the Intel lan settings. It may be a setting in those that's doing it.

Last edited:
I think I lost ya'll.

The connection goes like this.
The desk system has the wifi card and 2 hardwire lan connection.
From lan2 it goes to the router.
Also connected to the router is the nas box.
I need to get the nas box through the router to the internet.
I am on a hotel wireless network so the router is just to give the nas box an IP address.

So I want to connect the wireless card to one of the lan ports. That in turn would feed a live internet signal to the switch on the router. And that would in turn feed internet to the nas box.
When the lan connection is enabled and selected, it cripples or kills the internet from the wifi card. I need to get them to work together to share the connection to the lan port on the computer.
Otherwise I'm going to have to connect the nas box directly to the lan port and jump through a bunch of hoops to fool it in to thinking it's connected to a router.

Why don't you get the software from WD?
With its robust software ecosystem, My Cloud OS 3 gives you anywhere access to your content stored safely at home. New features, improved functionality and simple interface design deliver easy file sharing, access management and a streamlined photo gallery view on any PC, Mac, iOS or Android device.
http://supportdownloads.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en&fid=wdsfMyCloud_Mirror
Description
This download contains the new WD My Cloud for Desktop app for Windows. You can install this software on your Windows PC to allow you access and manage content stored on your WD My Cloud network device from anywhere.

Last edited:
I think I understand

Is this what you're trying to do?
help.png

Yes that's it. I'm using my desk rig. It seems when I enable the built in nic, it cripples the wifi.

I haven't tried my laptop. Maybe it's wifi doesn't get killed when the nic is enabled. I'll try that and get back to you.

Make sure the network configs are setup right. The NAS will need to be configured on the same subnet as the LAN interface of the router and will need to use the routers LAN IP as the NAS's gateway. Also whatever port NAS transfers are configured for will need to be forwarded on the router as well as whatever port its' remote interface uses which could open you up to unwanted vulnerability considering you're on a public network.

The router will need its WAN interface to be on the same subnet as the LAN interface of your computer and will need to use the computers LAN IP as its' gateway.

The computer WIFI will likely be DHCP to the hotels' wifi so there won't be much configuration there.

Back
Top Bottom