Raspberyy Pi Update

I just now, a few hours ago, got Raspbian to work. It's still not fully released, but they do have some unofficial SD images.

It's basically Debian stripped of everything. I have to apt-get everything.

The Raspberry site's Debian didn't really work for me. The resolution was at 800 x 600, no other settings, not full screen, and I didn't have ethernet. Have to mess with that some more.

bringing this thread back from the semi-dead!!! I finally got some free time to work with this guy, I'm using Archlinux on mine good ol' command line only! So far I've got these services configured and running, Mumble (voice server like TS / Vent), unrealircd, LAMP services, ssh, ssl, and I'm working on samba now! What have you guys used yours for!?

I've got mine running on an 8gb sd card and it'll be a bit overkill, but should be good when I start to host sites and such.

Mine is a paperweight now. A capacitor on it literally popped off. Broke off clean as can be. I had a friend re-soder it back on. Now it's not powering up anymore. :(

I'll wait until they become more available, then I'll ask Element 14 about getting a replacement. If not, I'll just buy another.

Not sure where you ordered yours from but I got on the list at Allied Electronics & RS Components. It took months for me to rise to the top of the list to be able to actually place an order. I was finally able to place my order on 06/21 and was told it would take 9 weeks from then so I still have about a month left.

During this process, I got periodic emails letting me know what was happening. If you haven't received any feedback, I'd be checking into whether you actually have one on order or not.

Didn't you buy it on Element14, TJ? If you just ordered it on back order, you should be able to look at your order and see what the approximate date will be. It's never the answer, but it gives you an idea.

Back
Top Bottom