Raspberyy Pi Update

mine says that it'll be out within 3 weeks. Hopefully it pulls though! My order through the other group isn't gonna be here until August so I'll have a surprise at some point there haha.

The email, for me, said it would go out next week, so I am keeping my fingers crossed and I can't wait to get started on that bad boy.
Going to keep me busy.

And eventually I will want to purchase more RasPi but that is far off, as they have to clear the backlog of people waiting for theirs.

What are you looking to do with yours Peter.Cort?

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with mine yet. I might use it to run my IRC server rather than my desktop so I can leave it on 24/7. With my other one, I may run nas storage and have it be like half storage half media box. Currently we just have an xbox360 which is great for netflix and movies but my roommate and I have a lot of tv shows and movies on our laptops so it would be nice to consolidate it all onto one storage medium and be able to stream it in the living room.

Nice idea with the IRC server.

The second part seems to be what most people are going for, a small, efficient media PC. Just need to make sure whatever storage you slap on there is powered independently.

Yeah, I used to power my HDDs externally on my ITX server. All you have to do is jump those two wires on the 24-pin.

I figure I can run a couple services with it. Especially since they'll be low load. Maybe IRC and Apache/PHP/Sql for security testing and stuff, as I feel like checking for security things is a bit better when everything isn't hosted locally through WAMP...

Got mine over the weekend. Now I am just waiting on the other order I placed so that I can start my project.
There is one part that is back ordered .... dang it lol.

Fingers crossed for ya MoM.

Back
Top Bottom