AMD Graphics Installer Runs off the Screen

dwarfdude77

In Runtime
I just installed Debian Linux on my Asus K55N laptop. However, the resolution is stuck at 800x600 and I can't change it in the settings. So, I downloaded the amd graphics driver. However, when I run the command to install the driver, the installation window runs off of the bottom of the screen and cuts off the "continue" button so that I can't get into the next stage of the installation. I've tried resizing and stuff, and it won't let me maximize the screen. I've tried arrowing down to the continue button and pressing enter, to no avail. Any help?

P.S. This is my first time using linux (well, second, if you count the ten minutes I spent fooling around with Ubuntu on a virtual machine)

I'm not sure if you have fixed this problem by now but I'll post up as I would like to ask one or two questions.

Are you installing threw the Graphical User Interface as in the GUI or have you used the terminal to update the full Software across the whole OS.

What Ver. of Debian are you running and what is your GPU in side the Computer.

Are you still struggling with this. I have just seen this thread. Sorry for the late reply. :omg:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom