A+ test update

Yup, every three years. It's the same for all their certifications like Network+ and Security+ too.

Your certification will also no longer be considered valid after the 3 year period. Similar to the CCNA where you will still hold the certification after 3 years - but it will not be considered valid.

I've learned for the CompTIA exams always check their website and the forums to see when the next iteration comes out. I've found book stores and people online selling old books all the time, so you have to watch carefully to ensure you have the most current version / iteration of the book.

Is an A+ really necessary?
I've never needed it nor has any company I've been with or applied for asked for it.
I feel like if you have Job experience, they will take that over any certification/degree.

Well I need experience as well so I'm kinda stuck...

I understand
You can get lucky sometimes with companies.
They took me in even though I didn't know a lot of the tools they used.
A good resume, and if you can do good in your interview, show that you're a quick learner.

Whats your job?

Pushing carts at Cub Foods ....like 10 years ago.

Right now I'm at Cargill, contracted with HP.
I work with the Software Distribution/ Deployment Team and with the Level 3 Service Desk Team.
Hardware/Software Support/ Troubleshooting, software package testing.
I worked with the service desk team but now I've been more involved with the Infrastructure team.

Hope that helps.

What are you trying to get into?

Well I wouldn't mind just an IT job at an office... My main study is networking though...

Networking is my weakness...
Help Desk/ Service desk is usually the way to get your foot in the door with basic IT knowledge.
Once you're in, doors will open (depending on your performance and the company you're with of course)

Back
Top Bottom