COMPLETELY new and WINNING!

mehmin

Baseband Member
Wow,
completely new to IT, but VERY excited. Just got an entry level IT support position. No background required, but because of my experiences they chose me... WINNING!!!! :D

Please stick with me through this but below is an e-mail I sent to someone for some help

I'm wondering if you might be able to give me some advice with an organization/accountability issue my boss has at work. The situation is that he's using multiple email folders within his sales team to (attempt) to track customer orders/issues. I think this is quite inefficient and messy. His concerns are;

1. Emails
a) accidentally deleting an important email.
i. current redundancy is in the form of saving old emails in a separate folder.
ii. would like time stamp/notification capability to track sales orders.
iii. would like to be able to identify who deleted emails.
iv. would like email trace-ability feature.
v. Is there a better redundancy system to save important emails?

2. Project management
a) no system in place for him to quickly identify who owns which sale/customer.
b) would like to quickly reference orders/customer issues.
i. wasted time by manually searching for and opening emails to pull up customers'
requests/reference old orders.
ii. to solve this, he is envisioning a trouble-ticketing like system.

Personally, I think it's important to integrate one of the principles of Agile and ensuring the solution we're looking at includes customer interaction/product visibility.

After doing some research these are some software products I've identified as possible candidates:

smartsheet
workfront
wrike
proworkflow
mavenlink
liquidplanner

These are more along the project management lines which would be useful for tracking the sales owner/customer aspect but I'm unsure if they have the trouble-ticket feature he's looking for.

The other products I've found sound like they integrate both the PM aspect and ticketing, but are focused for software dev strictly.

Jira
Redmine
Gemini by Countersoft
BootStrapToday

I just thought I'd pick your brain in case you've had any experience with the above issues and any familiarity with the products as well

......if anyone could help out that would be awesome. Oh, BTW I don't know where I want to go in IT. I think I like the networking side tho.

I'm actually in a similar situation. I'm the ONLY tech/IT person at a very small company that is basically handling their business like you described above. Mine weren't even using spreadsheets when I came along a few months ago. I'm only working a few hours a week for them, but I've been tasked to come up with a customer email database, a.k.a. CRM (customer relations management). There is software out there specifically for all the things you mentioned. I've decided that we're using Nutshell, but there's Zoho, Infusionsoft, Salesforce, etc. All are at different levels of complexity based on what features you need. Some are pricier than others. You need to be researching CRM software, not project planning software.

Doesnt Intuit offer a CRM software suite?

I rememer learninging on intuit during a few calsses i had taken for basic accounting,

Back
Top Bottom