IT Career advice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

davyo

Solid State Member
Hi there

I am from the UK and i am looking for a bit of career advice, i recently completed an HNC and i have just completed 10 weeks in my first entry level helpdesk position which is really in truth call logging and flogging most of the time, To tell the truth i feel i'm not going to learn much more than the skills i've learned in this position.

1. how long will i realisticly have to serve in this job before employers will look at me for other positions??

2. is there any entry level jobs out there that dont involve being stuck to a telephone all day???

Thanks

David

Sadly im tied to a pager right now too. But the money is good and both of the senior network admins are old and will probably retire in a couple years. I would stick it out for as long as you can handle it as the more experience you have the more likely you are to get interviews for other jobs. Just dont let em know that you ar ejob searching while working there.

staying in a positiong where you have no where to grow, or nothing to learn is only a HANDICAP on yourself! dont do it man. challenge yourself and move on. plus, its more rewarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom