Can anyone tell me which Cisco certifications I should get first CCENT or CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLAZEDnJAMMIN

Beta member
I'm on my last year of school of computer networking and I want to get a certification before I graduate so the faster and sooner I get a job. Other than that, I do not know which certification I should start with. CCENT or CCNA? From what I've heard is that CCENT is for entry levels and CCNA is basically experienced in a medium size company or whatever. Help me people -_-

Depends how comfortable you are with networks and how well you did in your current course. If you really like this stuff, then go for the CCNA. It IS difficult though.

That being said, I'd try and get some experience first if I were you. Even if you've got a CCNA under your belt, you still have no practical knowledge of how to run a network complete with a real userbase attached etc. Most places won't hire you with out a year or two of experience. Problem with THAT is it's hard to land a job these days, and even harder if you've got no important bits of paper...
I'd start looking for a job as you near the finish of your school class, just something entry-level. Don't get greedy and worry about pay level or anything like that, you're looking for experience at the moment.

In my experience the CCNA exams aren't not that difficult if you study and try everyting with packettracer , but it's like Soulphire said it's all bout experience these days

My suggestion is CCNA, and try some free practice tests and stuff to see how you do. Of course, you need experience, just work on getting that while you also get your cert-even if it means volunteering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom