• I don't know what it is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickmannawar

In Runtime
Just wondering your thoughts on SOPA

It'd be nice if you would state why you voted for what you did, but you don't have to.

as it stands now? no.

i think they need to hold people accountable for their actions via the ISP.

they should allow it to be very easy to identify and prosecute offenders in a court of law. I think they would need to regulate how ISPs track their users.

then there's the issue of , "well it wasn't me who was using the pc."

well, maybe not, but you pay for the internet connection. so you're responsible.

as it stands now? no.

i think they need to hold people accountable for their actions via the ISP.

they should allow it to be very easy to identify and prosecute offenders in a court of law. I think they would need to regulate how ISPs track their users.

then there's the issue of , "well it wasn't me who was using the pc."

well, maybe not, but you pay for the internet connection. so you're responsible.

Thanks for replying your thoughts, I sort of agree, although I don't like the idea of the ISP tracking me. Companies do what companies do, and that's make money. You never know how far they'll go to make money.

If I was an ISP I sure as hell would not give away customer information. That is how you lose business unless you have a monopoly. But either way, SOPA is terrible terrible thing. It breaks the constitution.

As is, providers can't really give away accurate information, they just give out the name of who ever is currently tied to an IP when a lawyer requests it, in a lot of cases, they wait upto over a year, and that IP has passed by hundreds of people so far. What's really funny is watching swarms and seeing addresses that are tied to CNN, and other corporate networks that have absolutely nothing to do with content. Nothing but a bunch of b/s in the end. And anyone that supports SOPA/PIPA, well, get the **** off your computer, and start using a damned IBM from the 70's, because those bills would have resulted in Microsoft, Apple, AMD, and so many other companies never existing in the end.

I remember awhile back I found a website that joined all sorts of swarms, it would log the IP of everyone, and what content the swarm was sharing. I entered my IP address (note, that the IP most places and swarms see, is that of a proxy, that a LOT of people on my ISP uses, as our modems are set to use it by default) you would not believe some the crap, and how many MILLION records they have of that IP, yet, my legit actual IP, shows nothing at all, and it actually tracked the downloads a friend of mine had going, and was 100% accurate. So no, the current systems all fail, and these laws do absolutely nothing other than cause even more harm in the end.

And anyone that supports SOPA/PIPA, well, get the **** off your computer, and start using a damned IBM from the 70's, because those bills would have resulted in Microsoft, Apple, AMD, and so many other companies never existing in the end.

Haha I agree, but please don't attack the first person to vote they want it passed :) I want to keep this post open to all sides

Definately. So far no one has voted anything else, but just saying if someone does... Well you have a pretty high status, I'm not worried about you being a b****

I was honestly torn between "don't want" and "don't know".

I tried reading the bill itself, I would advise against it unless you enjoy headaches.
But from the synopses I've read I certainly don't agree with it.
I am glad that it was put forth though, so that the discussion has been brought to the public consciousness.

Looking at the list of supporters and opposition (SOPA | PIPA) I am rather confused.
They seem like similar bills, yet Microsoft is against SOPA and for PIPA?
And I can understand media groups/companies like Disney/MPAA/Viacom/etc having a strong opinion, but what is with Pfizer/Adidas/Tiffany&Co./etc caring either way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom