Ninth Foxconn Worker of 2010 Commits Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelm3103

Fully Optimized
Ninth Foxconn Worker of 2010 Commits Suicide

"Another employee has committed suicide at Foxconn bringing the number of 2010 deaths at the factory to nine.

Earlier this month it emerged that Foxconn had hired monks, councilors and exorcists to try to put an end to the spate of suicides. The company expressed its regret and sorrow for the victims, all aged between 18 and 24."

Seems someone cast a curse on them :confused:.

well all they haveta do is make the worker's conditions better. duh. i would want to kill myself if I worked there too. prisons are like the Hilton compared to the accommodations these Chinese workers reside in. disgraceful.

But without places like this, you'd be paying a LOT more for everything they currently produce there (e.g. mobile phones, laptops, etc.) If that happened then millions of people would no longer be able to afford purchasing these items like they do today. If that happened the industry would plummet.

However, that certainly doesn't mean things should continue this way. This situation was the same back in the days when slavery was legal and people were trying to get it abolished.

Because lets be honest here, this is pretty much slave labour. Working for such low wages for so many hours...

My point is, it's all well and good to condemn places like this (and rightly so), but what's the solution? We have plenty of factories that pay/treat its workers well here in the western world, but there's a reason we don't get them to make the phones. Because the price would be SO much higher.

What i cant believe is stuff like this isnt making the news anywhere here in Australia. 9 suicides in half a year?

simple. if you are a US company reduce corporate overhead instead of doing things liek this.

don't buy that multibillion dollar corporate campus. don't locate in the most expensive areas in the world for the corporate HQ. don't spend 2 million dollars decorating the CEOs office. the list can go on.....

and actually pay your employees better.

I have done a case study about garmin navigation vs magellan navigation and it rings true.

same with bethesda softworks vs interplay as well. interplay is in financial ruins because they spend too much on lawsuits against bethsoft and then they locate in frickin expensive as **** beverly hills. interplay is fail on so many levels. they are an example on how companies spend too much on stupid crap. bethsoft is in a much cheaper area then interplay is.

With my very limited knowledge on the subject, IMO that still wouldn't be enough. How much do each of these 300,000 workers earn every month? About the same as I earn every bad day, and about the same as is *minimum* wages per day for an Australian adult.

Money for paying 300,000 workers 30 times more than what you were previously has got to be recouped somewhere, and likely as not that will be in the final price of the item(s).

Foxconn Suicides Are Officially Out of Control

Alright, this is getting way out of control, they are now committing suicide two at a time at Foxconn and there is another person on the roof as we speak. This means you can add another five deaths to the list since our last report, maybe six depending on how the current situation ends. Honestly, this is just too depressing to report on anymore.

According to a string of Tweets, reports, pulled (allegedly censored) reports and rough translations, now 15 Foxconn employees have jumped in attempted suicide—two of whom seem to have been part of a successful double suicide earlier today. To make matters worse, a potential 16th was spotted on the roof in the picture seen here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom