Favorite computer!

What type of computer do you like?

• Total voters
Those are not types of computer. They are operating systems. And I like them all.

lol, OS, I like Linux the best, but use Windows for day to day stuff.

Fav Computer, err... Tianhe-2 - China rule! :cool:

I've got admit I like Nix* but like i2D__ Windows for day to day stuff.

Also I have a good few hear so the question is pretty vague. I have a lot of stuff I do and use different PCs for different things.

Switched to Mac in 2013. Love it, although its horribly overpriced.

Depends on how you look at it. Spec a Windows machine side by side with a Mac (and don't forget to tack on the prices of software for Windows that comes free with the Mac OS) and you get pretty darn close...

Been using Mac for over 20 years. Been using Windows for over 20 years. I can remember when Mac System 9 came out. The platform was starting to creak on it's foundation. OS X was the best overhaul they could have done, but I feel even it's starting to creak a bit. It's getting more and more bloated, I think, and a little less fluid.

Windows, on the other hand, is improving leaps and bounds. Win10 is, IMO, the best version yet. I don't like the amount of data they are scraping from every nook and cranny, but it seems to be the way they're all moving. Greedy bastards.

All of the different flavors of *nix are great, but are way less user friendly than they could be. Don't get me wrong, they have also come leaps and bounds from where they use to be (IE: Ubuntu now that it has an app store), but still not quite enough to go mainstream for the common end user.

So Apple still has my vote for now with OS X, but it's getting to be a tighter race every day. They need to buckle down and do something amazing, or I think they'll find themselves to be the next laser disc manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom