Chick Fil A argument.

What say you?

• It's his right as an American to feel this way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think he's an idiot and a hypocrite. Gay marriage is fine.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will say this. It is against our rules to have such a topic. It is both Religious and Political as well as can have offensive terms. If I get contacted or anyone else does, the topic will be removed. Sorry but that is the way it has to be. As of right now, everyone is being civil. As long as it stays that way, the topic will remain open for comments. As soon as people start bashing each other, the topic will be closed.

Also, the first person who openly bashes another member for their beliefs in the matter or the subject matter as a whole, will get an instant infraction. As I can already tell that every comment after that will only be due to the first one in line. So the first person be warned, you have the target on your back if you decide to get personal and attack members, gays, religion or politics.

So with the duties taken care of in regards to the site and topic. I will say this as myself with no reflection on TF. These are my comments and are not shared by anyone else on the staff.

My thing is this. I will not vote only cause I have no information on the topic. But if a person who is into the same gender wishes to get married, then so what. Let them. They should be just as miserable as the rest of us. All joking aside though, it is their choice to do it. If they wish to take vows to be with each other like any other married couple, good for them. There is nothing wrong with 2 people who wish to share their life together as 1.

As long as they dont try to force their relationship on others then let them be. If they are happy together I personally see nothing wrong with it. They might even outlast some traditional marriages that are taking place daily. So that is my personal stance.

I will say this. It is against our rules to have such a topic. It is both Religious and Political as well as can have offensive terms. If I get contacted or anyone else does, the topic will be removed. Sorry but that is the way it has to be. As of right now, everyone is being civil. As long as it stays that way, the topic will remain open for comments. As soon as people start bashing each other, the topic will be closed.

Also, the first person who openly bashes another member for their beliefs in the matter or the subject matter as a whole, will get an instant infraction. As I can already tell that every comment after that will only be due to the first one in line. So the first person be warned, you have the target on your back if you decide to get personal and attack members, gays, religion or politics.

So with the duties taken care of in regards to the site and topic. I will say this as myself with no reflection on TF. These are my comments and are not shared by anyone else on the staff.

My thing is this. I will not vote only cause I have no information on the topic. But if a person who is into the same gender wishes to get married, then so what. Let them. They should be just as miserable as the rest of us. All joking aside though, it is their choice to do it. If they wish to take vows to be with each other like any other married couple, good for them. There is nothing wrong with 2 people who wish to share their life together as 1.

As long as they dont try to force their relationship on others then let them be. If they are happy together I personally see nothing wrong with it. They might even outlast some traditional marriages that are taking place daily. So that is my personal stance.
I agree. I have 2 friends that got married quick and are already divorced after having children. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but even if you have problems in your relationship your vows and marriage should be enough to take time to cool down and fix the problems. When you have kids involved it makes it that much more important which is why I tried everything in my power to keep my relationship together.

As to the argument at hand, in a nut shell the president of the company talked about his views on gay marriage on a public radio talk show. He said he didn't believe it was right and backed his words up by the Bible. That created a tumbling effect once word got out causing many people to go nuts over it, including the mayor of Boston who is actively refusing Chick Fil A to be built there.

My opinion is strongly voiced but I want to make note that I don't have any objection to the man having his own views or opinions on the matter. If HE feels gay marriage isn't right, that is his right. My objection was to him using the Bible to back his views on the idea which is wrong IMO because if he uses it for one thing, he should use it for all. Hence my bacon argument. I think he is using the Bible to back his personal claims so he looks better in public but to me he just slandering his religion for his own personal beliefs which I feel is wrong.

Again, I'm not religious, I have no problem with people having an opinion either way as it's their right, and I have no problem with gay marriage either. I just feel the guy is being a douche nozzle for hiding behind the Bible.

As to the topic on the boards, thanks for being nice and leaving it up. As I said before, if any problems arise I wont be offended if it is immediately deleted or locked.

Okay, this Chick-Fil-A thing is getting wayyyyy more attention than it deserves. My kid is gay. I'm a strong supporter of gay rights. But I'm also a strong supporter of freedom of religion/speech. Chick-Fil-A is a PRIVATE business and can serve whoever they choose to, and say what they want to. No one is forcing you to go there. That being said, I won't be patronizing one anytime soon. I agree with PP; Don't use your religion to justify the denial of rights to an entire group of society.

Okay, this Chick-Fil-A thing is getting wayyyyy more attention than it deserves. My kid is gay. I'm a strong supporter of gay rights. But I'm also a strong supporter of freedom of religion/speech. Chick-Fil-A is a PRIVATE business and can serve whoever they choose to, and say what they want to. No one is forcing you to go there. That being said, I won't be patronizing one anytime soon. I agree with PP; Don't use your religion to justify the denial of rights to an entire group of society.
I didn't know your kid was gay.
But no, no company in the US has the right to discriminate. The right to refuse service is for a reason to an individual, not discriminate against a whole group/set of people.

I didn't know your kid was gay.
But no, no company in the US has the right to discriminate. The right to refuse service is for a reason to an individual, not discriminate against a whole group/set of people.

Meh. I think a private business should be allowed to serve whoever they want. No one is forcing you to go there, and there are plenty of alternatives :tongue:

Meh. I think a private business should be allowed to serve whoever they want. No one is forcing you to go there, and there are plenty of alternatives :tongue:
If that was the case, then would you be displease if certain companies/ect started not serving black people like back in the day? I'm sure there would be a huge uproar over that.

If that was the case, then would you be displease if certain companies/ect started not serving black people like back in the day? I'm sure there would be a huge uproar over that.

Refer to my PM's :wink_tongue: But in all seriousness, no. Even if I was black. I wouldn't get too upset. I know the general population would, but I wouldn't. If the business owner hates blacks so much, I'm sure they don't even want to go there to begin with. I don't know if you get what I'm saying, but I think most people have a pretty good idea of what businesses like them and what ones don't.

Refer to my PM's :wink_tongue: But in all seriousness, no. Even if I was black. I wouldn't get too upset. I know the general population would, but I wouldn't. If the business owner hates blacks so much, I'm sure they don't even want to go there to begin with. I don't know if you get what I'm saying, but I think most people have a pretty good idea of what businesses like them and what ones don't.
I hear you, but IMO no matter your race, color, sexual orientation, you shouldn't be judged by the owner before even setting foot in the place. Money is money, and hating on a group of people means your opposition gets their money.

I hear you, but IMO no matter your race, color, sexual orientation, you shouldn't be judged by the owner before even setting foot in the place. Money is money, and hating on a group of people means your opposition gets their money.

But then again, your opposition to a group of people will gain you money from their opponents. Checkmate :YouMad:

I do agree with you though. Racism, Sexism, Homophobia, etc is disgusting.

Edit: Happy Chicken Pride Day! (Or whatever Chick-Fil-A is calling it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiZLFjbqDxQ

Okay well I have to agree that a person has to be all or nothing. You cant use the Bible to defend your actions with this, but not actively live by it or use it as a defense for other things as well. It is wrong. I wont say that it isnt. I know people who are, for a lack of a better term, gay. (Sorry but couldnt think of anything else to put) The fact is since NY now allows for Gay Marriage, they went and got married. Granted it is only NY that will acknowledge as such that they are married, but still. They do not plan on moving anywhere else cause they want what they have done to stand and they plan on staying as long as they can to have it be acknowledged.

I say more power to them. I know another guy who moved to Canada just to have the whole country recognize the fact that they are gay and want to get married.

So to each their own. I am not religious. I know people who are. But it is a belief.

PS - I am not such a bad guy all the time. ;)

Back
Top Bottom