BFGTech Exits Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
BFGTech Exits Graphics

BFG Tech Announces Exit From Graphics Card Category, Continues On With Power Supplies And Laptops/PCs

Libertyville, IL – May 17, 2010 – BFG Technologies today announced their exit from the graphics card category. The company will continue to sell their line of BFG Tech power supplies as well as their Deimos gaming notebooks and Phobos gaming systems.

"After eight years of providing innovative, high-quality graphics cards to the market, we regret to say that this category is no longer profitable for us, although we will continue to evaluate it going forward", said John Slevin, chairman of BFG Technologies. "We will continue to provide our award-winning power supplies and gaming systems, and are working on a few new products as well. I'd like to stress that we will continue to provide RMA support for our current graphics card warranty holders, as well as for all of our other products such as power supplies, PCs and notebooks."

BFG will continue to offer RMA, telephone and email support for qualified BFG Tech graphics card warranty holders, but will no longer be bringing new graphics card products to market.

First and foremost, I have to say that HardOCP is sad to see BFGTech go. It was a company that opened up new ways of doing business with customers in the graphics card arena. The solid warranties and support you all enjoy now with high-end graphics cards companies can be traced back to BFGTech and its three founders, Scott Herkelman, Ric Lewis, and Shane Vance.

Of course our biggest concern is that our readers that have purchased BFG video cards are taken care of. Speaking this morning with then BFGTech CEO, Scott Herkelman, he assured me that BFG has taken measures to make sure full RMA and support will continue. Eight full time employees and the full group of tech support will remain in place as well as warehouse labor. That means continued 24/7 phone, email, and full RMA support for registered cards. As of today, BFG has a full reserve of cards and monies set aside to sure proper support occurs.

Yeah consumers could use a nice alternative to XFX. Sucks for nVidia consumers though, BFG has great customer service.

I wonder how they will fulfill their lifetime warranty on their video cards.
xfx replaced failing gt200 cards with ati cards, whats going to happen with bfg?

Newegg still has a few 8xxx and 9xxx nvidia cards on newegg, a sad day indeed.

Then again, everyone is using a reference design anymore with parts because they don't invest in there own PCB designs anymore, so to me, every part is the same just about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom