Hyper X Cloud II Gaming Headset Review!

MasonTechAU

Beta member
* i also have a youtube video review*
feel free to check it out :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl9VF_fFA1I

Now to start with, this headset is the latest in the line of previous successful Hyper X Headsets. Currently this pricing of the Hyper X Cloud II is $30 AUD more than the Hyper X Cloud but that $30 difference comes with great change. Firstly the design is very similar to their predecessor the Hyper X Cloud which I think is great! It has a metal frame, leather headband, leather ear cups and a Grey and Black colour scheme. You can also expect a lot of comfort in long hours of gaming as this headset is very lightweight hence why it's a cloud. The headband is nice and flexible so head size should not be a problem. Also the ear cups are a great size and they fit my ear perfectly!
In the box you receive the removable mic, The Hyper X Cloud II Headset itself, a pair of Fabric ear pads, a carry bag, the sound card and a Plane adapter. I was very amazed by the amount of effort put into the packaging and I would like to give big thumbs up to Hyper X for it. The noise cancelling removable microphone is great for gaming. Hyper X has improved the microphone from their predecessor although there is still some tangy sound. Take a listen…
The microphone has a large response range so expect the microphone to pick up sounds as low as 50Hz and as high as 18kHz. It also comes with a windscreen plus when it is placed it will stay there.
Regarding the connections Hyper X has simplified the cable into one 4 connector jack for both Audio and Mic. This is a great option if you want to use this while travelling. The 53 mm drivers produce extreme highs and lows and I found that it was a fine gaming experience. The closed back design also helps with blocking out unwanted noise while you're fighting the CT's in Counter Strike or the Hero Brian in Minecraft..
Now let's talk about the 2m cable that includes the Sound Card. Unlike the Hyper X Cloud this includes 7.1 surround sound at a push of a button. This is a good feature but I didn't opt to use this when playing games. This sound card also comes with a shirt clip, a mic and audio level button and a mic mute. Don't get me wrong 7.1 Surround sounds great on this headset, but in my opinion I didn't like having a person talking in one ear while in the other there were explosions.
Hyper X did a great job making this headset with the help of Q-Pad. But for an extra $30 I think it's reasonable as it does come with 7.1, a simplified connection and an improved mic.
If you're looking for an affordable light weight gaming headset the Hyper X Cloud II is a great choice coming in at a price of $129 AUD it's a steal and it's a headset that won't break the bank.

Nice! Only about $95 here (US). I currently use the Playstation Gold headset, I like that it has a built in microphone, but I've used a couple different sets with an external, and I see the appeal. Would you recommend this primarily for PC use, or could you benefit on consoles as well?

It can work with console as i have seen, although i don't own a console my self. Apparently the sound has alot of buzzing when it is connected via the controller and you don't have the option of 7.1 Channel Audio. I reckon this headset is great for PC and not the best for console due to its flaws. I would recommend for PC use but i have not experienced what it would be like on Console. Hope this helps =D

Back
Top Bottom