Newb here

GiZzmo

Beta member
So im pretty new to using forums. I actually came because i am an IT technician and had a pretty annoying issue come up. Need some help with it.

I have a wireless bridge setup between two sites that project the network wirelessly. I have the first part of the bridge connected via ethernet (POE) to the main switch and it projects the network. another identical device picks up the network and projects it wirelessly and is supposed to transmit it out of its ethernet port (POE). however i can ping from one side of the bridge to the second devices port and get a successful ping, but i cannot ping past it.

What is the devises you are using? And how do you have them set up?

Is one just a repeater? Or is it a extender? Can you remote admin in to tje device device that projects it wireless?

As far as pinging past the device, is the device which is past the projector device able to be pinged?

It helps us as techs to help you by letting us know how you have set up your network.
We dont need ip, mac, or port info. Yet we do need info such as

" I have two devices set up, device A iss the main switch which is A ( incert top secreat device name and model) which connects through device B ( agian your super secreat device name and model, if firmware is aviable that helps also) I can ping device B yet I cant ping decice C ( agian super secreat device info) which is ( or isnt connected ) to device B

a good lay out is list your hard ware with letters or numbers like so.

Device A: NORTELL NETWORK model1100s firmware version 1.02
B: Zombie repeater model 245 firmware version 6.0
D: Norad W.O.R.P model number (classified) firmware joushua
then describe your issue.

I belive that your device you cant ping isnt connected to your network as viewable, or the device is hidden. Till I know more I cant really say what the issue is.

Back
Top Bottom