Intro as New Member

jarriaza

Beta member
Good morning everyone,

My name is Jen – I'm an IT management intern at a law firm in New York. I am also a junior in college, majoring in management & leadership with a minor in comp info systems. However, I have hands-on experience from prior positions at Best Buy/Geek Squad & FedEx Office.
The firm I work for is mid-size (approx. 45 employees) but growing quickly. I've been at the firm for 3 years but worked as a legal assistant until about 7 months ago – my position as an internal IT department at the firm is completely new & without predecessor. Needless to say, I'm experienced but still a novice in my position. I thought a community forum would be a good tool to discuss/research issues relating to my day-to-day operations as well as to share my knowledge.

Thanks in advance!

Jen

Welcome Jen, sounds like an interesting position to be in, the upside is you get to blaze a trail and it looks fantastic on your CV, the downside is that absolutely anything vaguely computer related (including printers and phones) will probably fall onto you!

Hopefully we can all help each other out, sounds like an interesting firm to work for as well if it's growing!

Welcome Jen, sounds like an interesting position to be in, the upside is you get to blaze a trail and it looks fantastic on your CV, the downside is that absolutely anything vaguely computer related (including printers and phones) will probably fall onto you!

Hopefully we can all help each other out, sounds like an interesting firm to work for as well if it's growing!
Exactly & exactly - anything that's plugged into the wall falls on me. Lol I even get called upon when an outlet goes out (but unfortunately, I didn't make it to electrician school -.- )
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hey Jen (Zekester),

Glad you're part of our community. By chance are you a gamer and have you ever played Game of War? I ask because there was someone who used ZEK as their gaming name.

Interesting ehhhhhh

Hey Jen (Zekester),

Glad you're part of our community. By chance are you a gamer and have you ever played Game of War? I ask because there was someone who used ZEK as their gaming name.

Interesting ehhhhhh

I think you got 2 posters mixed up :p.

Jen is the OP, whose username is jarriaza. Zekester2015 was the last poster :p.

Back
Top Bottom