Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alanis

Solid State Member
Hello Everyone,

I don't really know what to say! :eek: I guess I'll just jump in and say I'm new to forums and new to the IT world. I am married, mother of 2 girls, and just finished a+ cert. prep. I plan on working with puters for at least a year before even considering writing my a+. Guess you can say I'm not quite a typical farmers wife! :D

Alanis

milen said:
Hah New to the IT with a+ -- this must be quick start....

Guess you could say it's quick start, 6 months ago the only reason to take the cover off was to blow the dust out!!

thanks 4 the welcome everyone!

Alanis

Holy Shyte Little Man. :eek: Fresh meat???

Does your mother know you greet strangers this way? You can call yourself whatever you want, but referring to someone as fresh meat on a welcome forum is downright rude. Lemme give ya a piece of advice, females do not like being called a piece of meat.....fish... squid whatever... Try a better pick up line.

Better yet, ditch the pick up line and say hi...welcome.
=========

Alanis, please excuse our impetuous youngsters here. Welcome to the forum and good luck on passing the A+ cert. We need more women/girls around the forums... hope 2 C u posting more often.

anarchy said:

Righhhhhhht... that's what the term usually means when a male greets another female. Totally appropriate... what was I thinkin?

And I never said I was a MOD. The simple fact is that Alanis doesn't know you or your posting style, your words certainly could come across as offensive to a female that's crowded on the boards by a large number of males, and to greet her in that manner is not the most welcoming -

anarchy said:

And really, you may be over 6 ft... but physical size has nothing to do with having the politeness to greet a newcomer on the forum properly w/out using street ghetto language like "Fresh Meat".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom