Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmosmustang

Beta member
My name is Matt I started getting into building my own computers about 6 months ago thought i'd join a forum to help with that in the future the last build I did was an AMD Socket 754 Athlon 64 with out any prior knowledge of what was current after research I saw that the build was well behind it's time so now I'm building an updated comp. and will probably ask for help here in the near future
Matt

Welcome to TF, Matt. It's great to have you with us.

Ask away and you will get plenty of good advice. Make sure you put in your budget as many like to recommend the latest and greatest for everything. ;)

I built my first computer back in march now i want to upgrade it into an SLI compatible board along with a Dual Core Processor. But am having trouble with choosing seeing that LGA775 boards are more $ than AM2 Boards with SLI but the Intel CPUs are faster than the AMD CPUs (correct) but the AMD CPUs Are Cheaper. I was looking at this on Newegg MSI K9N4 SLI-F Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 500 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard $84.99 with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Windsor 2.2GHz AM2 Processor $97.99 compared to this on Newegg ECS NF650iSLIT-A (V1.0) LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard $109.99 with an Intel Pentium D 935 Presler 3.2GHz LGA 775 Processor $103.00
Matt

Yeah. Intel is faster (right now), but AMD has the price/performance.

I am an AMD guy myself, so I'm not really in a good position to give advice on it. I do know AMD's next gen comes out around Q3 (AM2+, quads).

If you have the dough, going for the fastest will work. If you can't afford it, go with AMD. Either way, it will be outdated in a few months LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom