questions about a PSN account

Santuzzo

Daemon Poster
I'm a PS4 noob, so please bear with me and my question(s): I just opened a PSN account, before I was just playing without one, using a user account on my PS4, but now since I opened a PSN account my PS4 user account got replaced by my PSN account. I realize that in order to play games online I need to buy a subscription which I don't want to do. What would be the benefit of me having a PSN account if I don't intend to play online at all? And can I close that PSN account and get my offline PS4 user account back that I had on my PS4? \

Thanks in advance,
Lars

I myself am more of a pc and xbox guy, but do have a ps4 and tinkered with the PSN account. I dont plan on subscribing to their service but there is benefits to activating your account as a PSN type.

The biggest is having access to their online features such as playstation store, apps such as netflix or hulu, certain and restricted online game features.

Also have access to party chat, ability to send msg to others, web browser and certain video clip sharing such facebook and twitch.

Thank you!
So, I think it makes sense to keep the PSN account even if I don't plan on getting a paid subscription.
Initially I just opened that PSN account as it was a requirement in order to redeem the codes for extra bonus content that came with some games, like Star Wars Battlefront 1 had one of those codes and as I saw after redeeming it it added some parts of the game that I would not want to miss.
I think I just dislike the whole idea that one needs to buy a subscription in order to be able to play online.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom