Ps3 to TV wireless connection

phoebeddb

Beta member
Sorry if this has been asked before (I couldn't see it anywhere) but I have a question regarding wireless connections.

Basically, my wife has just bought a Ps3 and did not consider the fact that we were about to replace our TV to a larger one and install it in the bed (one of those press-a-button-and-the-tv-pops-up jobbies!). Problem is of course, I cannot wire up the Ps3 to the TV because there's no way of housing the Ps3 inside the bed so I would have to set it on the end of the bed frame and as it lifts the TV up and down from within, the cable is going to keep getting trapped! I want to find a way therefore to connect the Ps3 to the TV without any cables.

I have looked into wireless HDMI transmitters/receivers and although they seem like the right idea, the problem is that the transmitter that would plug into the Ps3 is just like a USB stick (perfect!) but the receiver is a box that needs to be plugged in via HMDI cable to the TV! This completely defeats the objective of being completely wireless!

Does anyone know if there is any sort of HDMI transmitter/receivers for which both ends plug straight in to the HDMI ports on the TV and Ps3? Or is there a far simpler wireless solution that I am completely missing?!

If it helps, I am not afraid to spend a couple of hundred £s on finding a solution!

I'm not aware of anything more than what you've already described. Nothing like this will be truly wireless. It will still have to plugin to the tv somehow as well as a power source. There will always be some wires.

Thank you for your response :)

From what I have researched, some receivers do plug straight into the HDMI port but none seem to come with a matching transmitter. Also, all the receivers I can find that plug straight into the TV are low-cost products so I suspect with them I would get a problem with lagging and loss of connection.

I have even looked into the possibility of using a projector (and not bothering with a TV in the bed) but the problem with that seems to be finding one that will connect wirelessly to the Ps3!

Ugh :(

Back
Top Bottom