My ps4 connection is garbage

Little Unsteady

Beta member
My ps4 connection is horrible and I'm trying to fix it. Im connected wirelessly through WiFi and im not getting good enough mbps to not lag when I'm playing black ops 3 or any other game for that matter. I've been on youtube for a while doing little things to try and fix the lag but nothing helps too much. The router is one floor below me and I'm on the top floor, what can I do to fix this issue??

Move the PS4 closer to the router (in the same room if you can) to test if it's just a matter of the signal being too low.

Are there network diagnostics/info you can view on the PS4, as far as signal strength and whatnot?

Move the PS4 closer to the router (in the same room if you can) to test if it's just a matter of the signal being too low.

Are there network diagnostics/info you can view on the PS4, as far as signal strength and whatnot?

There is, but the numbers are "estimates". Not a great measure to be honest. He would probably be better off running the Speedtest app on his phone in the same area that the PS4 is in and seeing what he gets.

As far as i know it's whatever Comcast has.... Like it has the Comcast box and I'm guessing a netgear router on the side of it. I'm wondering if I need a WiFi extender or somehow get my own connection up here somehow with like an ethernet cord to hook up with the ps4

As far as i know it's whatever Comcast has.... Like it has the Comcast box and I'm guessing a netgear router on the side of it. I'm wondering if I need a WiFi extender or somehow get my own connection up here somehow with like an ethernet cord to hook up with the ps4

How far is the wfi router from PS4? arms reach? other side of room? in another room?

If its in the same room, no need for extender.
If it is in another room, you could buy a powerline adaptor instead as it would give you more solid connection.:cool:

Powerline adapters add latency like wifi. If he's wanting to play FPS games at all like Destiny or Overwatch then powerline and wifi really isn't what I would use. I tried powerline at my house for my roomie and he said it was as bad as wifi. So we just ran cables everywhere for hard wire devices.

How far is the wfi router from PS4? arms reach? other side of room? in another room?

If its in the same room, no need for extender.
If it is in another room, you could buy a powerline adaptor instead as it would give you more solid connection.:cool:
OP said router was in a different room, a floor below him.

Did you try what I suggested in moving the PS4 down in the same room as the router to see if the connection improved?

Back
Top Bottom