Full PSP VM on PC???

Zekester2097

In Runtime
Hi, I am currently wanting to try out the "Chronoswitch" homebrew app for the PSP, but I don't want to do it on my PHYSICAL PSPs... Is there anyway to try the whole PSP OS in a virtual machine???

Hi, I am currently wanting to try out the "Chronoswitch" homebrew app for the PSP, but I don't want to do it on my PHYSICAL PSPs... Is there anyway to try the whole PSP OS in a virtual machine???

See rule 6:

6) Keep Things Legal
Any discussion, links, or information on hacking, cracking, serial numbers, pirating, warez, or any other illegal matters is not allowed. This includes talks of Emulators and Torrents. The links provide the information needed.
Talks of items that are not yet available by any legal means will also be taken in under this rule. This includes Games, Operating Systems, Service Packs and Betas not released yet to the public. Since there will be no way for people to obtain these by any other means then by Piracy or Warez.

Depends.

I know with PS2 emulators, you have to have extracted your own PS2 BIOS to actually run the emulator, otherwise it's illegal. Haven't looked into how PSP emulators run.

Either way, emulator discussion on this site aren't allowed as per our rules, even though it's a bit of a grey area.

The thing is, I don't plan on using it for pirated games, or anything in that area, but I want to be able to test out a free homebrew application for downgrading firmware.. I don't want to use it on my physical PSPs, because I don't know if the app would damage my PSP.

Last edited:
The thing is, I don't plan on using it for pirated games, or anything in that area, but I want to be able to test out a free homebrew application for downgrading firmware.. I don't want to use it on my physical PSPs, because I don't know if the app would damage my PSP.

Like I said, it's just our policy on the site since it's a grey area.

You'll unfortunately have to research the topic on your own through Google.

Back
Top Bottom