Controller Issues

Omoplata

Golden Master
So I have been having problems with my controller the past couple of weeks. Oddly enough it started when I was playing and the battery was just about dead. All of the sudden there were phantom button inputs bringing up share play and pausing the game. I threw it on the charger and the next time I turned on the PS4 my controller would work on the main PS4 screen, but as soon as I started an app to game, the controller didn't work at all. After messing around for 15 minutes, I found the reset button on the back of the controller and pushed it in. When I turned the controller back on it worked, but the touchpad wasn't functioning at all. I am able to get it to work randomly, but there must be a loose wire or something inside. Tried taking it apart and they have the screws so tight that I can't get two of them out. These first gen controllers have a lot of problems. I think almost everyone I know has had problems with them. Going to see if Sony will replace mine, but will also get another for backup.

You opened it, which means you may have voided the warranty.

So many people had sticky buttons on their launch console controllers.

The newer ones don't seem to have this problem. I'd look for a sale and grab one.

Good luck on the replacement though!

Sent from my blast processing t-781.afd Doritto chip from outer space.

You opened it, which means you may have voided the warranty.

So many people had sticky buttons on their launch console controllers.

The newer ones don't seem to have this problem. I'd look for a sale and grab one.

Good luck on the replacement though!

Sent from my blast processing t-781.afd Doritto chip from outer space.

Thanks! I didn't open it. I took one screw out. The rest were like glued in or something.

Back
Top Bottom