Pokemon X & Y

Rider

Destroyer of Borst's Mom
Who's getting this? I love me some Pokemanz.

Releasing October 12.

I'm getting Pokemon X. This will be the first Pokemon game to be completely done in 3D graphics.

Looks great

I might if I had a DS, but I'm just not a fan of all the new pokemon they started making over the years. The original 151 were the best, the extra 100 in gold/silver were ok (didn't love or hate, but could accept) After them though, it was just downhill and did nothing for me. An ice cream cone creature? Sorry, but that's like the "Meineke Car Care Bowl" of pokemon.

Despite all of that though, again, if I had a DS I might give it a look just because of all of the new features it's bringing to the table (3D world, customizable characters, etc)

Just give me my old school childhood dream team of Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Raichu, Mewtwo, & Gyarados. I used to destroy with that crew.

I started playing on Red/Blue and have played every iteration. A lot of them after Gold/Silver not all the way but definitely dabbled. It doesn't bother me that there's a bunch of new pokemon and I never got super attached to the originals.

The core game is still there even if its different pokemon.

I have a couple buddies who go all out though. EV training and breeding and just gets insane.

Well I heard that they changed EV training in this one to make it more in your face/out there and easier for everyone to understand and incorperate, which is good. Before game shark I used to be the pokemon guru in school. I had Red, my brother had Blue, and we kept trading back and forth to get what we needed.

I we took turns restarting his game until my game had two of each of the three starters, then I gave him one of each and we went on and dominated by building around that core. This was before everyone started using game sharks, so I'm suprised that nobody in my class thought of this idea before to get all of the starters on their team. They always asked me how to get all of them and I would always troll by giving them these elaborite guides that just led to nowhere. Eventually I told the truth but I had fun with it at first lol.

Anyway, random story aside, do you know if there is any bundle coming out and what it may be priced at? If it's not too much, I may consider picking up a 3DS/X or Y bundle. It would be cool to be able to trade, battle, etc, via online at anytime as opposed to the old days with the link cables.

Well I heard that they changed EV training in this one to make it more in your face/out there and easier for everyone to understand and incorperate, which is good. Before game shark I used to be the pokemon guru in school. I had Red, my brother had Blue, and we kept trading back and forth to get what we needed.

I we took turns restarting his game until my game had two of each of the three starters, then I gave him one of each and we went on and dominated by building around that core. This was before everyone started using game sharks, so I'm suprised that nobody in my class thought of this idea before to get all of the starters on their team. They always asked me how to get all of them and I would always troll by giving them these elaborite guides that just led to nowhere. Eventually I told the truth but I had fun with it at first lol.

Anyway, random story aside, do you know if there is any bundle coming out and what it may be priced at? If it's not too much, I may consider picking up a 3DS/X or Y bundle. It would be cool to be able to trade, battle, etc, via online at anytime as opposed to the old days with the link cables.

Nice story. Red/Blue and then Yellow were the best of times. I did enjoy Silver quite a bit too.

No bundles that I know of. Looked on amazon, but nothing. Maybe they'll do one.

I appreciate the new Pokemon, types, and styles since I watch the show on a release base. I just can't do the games as IMO there is too much "stuff". When they started adding all kinds of crap like breeding and berries and holding things. Just seemed overdone. My fiance can't wait for these and she'll play them, but not me.

I appreciate the new Pokemon, types, and styles since I watch the show on a release base. I just can't do the games as IMO there is too much "stuff". When they started adding all kinds of crap like breeding and berries and holding things. Just seemed overdone. My fiance can't wait for these and she'll play them, but not me.

The breeding and EV training is the real depth though. I think that's why Pokemon is great for everyone. It appeals to the casuals, regular gaming and then the crazy gamers who spend 200 hours creating the perfect monster.

I gotta be honest, it would be a pretty awesome way to chill out on my lunch break. Ususally I just put the seat back in the car, listen to some sports talk radio, and just relax for an hour, but I wouldn't mind fitting some gaming into there as well.

After talking about it I think I actually might keep my eyes peeled for some deals now lol.

I used to spend a **** load of time grinding all my Pokemon to maximum pre-badge level before Brock. Time consumption isn't my deal, it's just too much. I mean, you don't see Pokemon in the show holding things to give them extra "power ups". You train for that. Just kinda takes the concentration off the original success and feel of the games. Course that's just my opinion and I'll always have Red stuck in my clear purple Color. My fiance on the other hand loves every bit of all that but she also doesn't really take the game all that seriously.

I gotta be honest, it would be a pretty awesome way to chill out on my lunch break. Ususally I just put the seat back in the car, listen to some sports talk radio, and just relax for an hour, but I wouldn't mind fitting some gaming into there as well.

After talking about it I think I actually might keep my eyes peeled for some deals now lol.

Word. I do the same thing. Some days I remember my Vita.

I'll keep an eye out for some deals for you too.

Back
Top Bottom