Nintendo 2DS... Seriously?

That's an awful looking design...looks like a child's toy!

You may have forgot but it is, or at least started as, a child's toy.

The hinges can break simply from dropping it on the carpet because they are small weak pieces of plastic. My 23 year old fiance dropped hers once and due to its weight balance it fell directly on the hinge causing it to break. I was able to fix it myself, but some people might not be able to do that. Having a kid myself and lots of family and friends that also have kids, the 2DS in theory is a great idea. Much like the original Gameboy and Color back in the day. No moving pieces, less likely to break. Like I said before too, it also handles much like a tab which makes it easier for kids to kinda grip.

Ya, but things breaking after one weird drop is true about a lot of things including tablets and phone, of which I have seen much more broken screens on ether of those categories than I have of just broken 3DS. O and I have never seen a crack in a 3DS screen. If the hinge is all you are worried about, then just get a petition to have metal hinges on the game and send it to Nintendo. They will add $5 to the system and done.

You may have forgot but it is, or at least started as, a child's toy.

Ya, but things breaking after one weird drop is true about a lot of things including tablets and phone, of which I have seen much more broken screens on ether of those categories than I have of just broken 3DS. O and I have never seen a crack in a 3DS screen. If the hinge is all you are worried about, then just get a petition to have metal hinges on the game and send it to Nintendo. They will add $5 to the system and done.
Or, have no hinges to begin with. Done. And that's already made.

You have to drop a phone pretty hard, or it has to be a total pile of **** for the screen to break easily (looking at you iPhone). It took me literally slamming my phone into the ground before my GS2 screen broke and that was after dropping it several times over the 2 years I owned it. It still works too, and I use it every day.

Thing is, with the DS/3DS the hinges are tiny pieces of plastic. You drop it just right and it'll break easy. I broke my DS Lite that way and she broke her 3DS that way. How it is. I definitely know we aren't the only ones either.

Back
Top Bottom