Nintendo 2DS... Seriously?

KieKazami

Solid State Member
I thought I should share with you guys the all new NINTENDO 2DS! Honestly I think it had an ugly design. First it looks like an axe when you put a stick on the side of the handheld. They should of just kept the whole 3DS design and just removed the 3D feature.
2DS1_94025_640screen.jpg

3DS while removing the 3D feature would be the DS. This is just a DS that doesn't fold in half.

Even though it's ugly and looks stupid, if the D pad is as big as the picture makes it look to be, I could actually play on this.

3DS while removing the 3D feature would be the DS. This is just a DS that doesn't fold in half.

Even though it's ugly and looks stupid, if the D pad is as big as the picture makes it look to be, I could actually play on this.

Isn't the 2DS basically like a DS? They just removed the 3D feature, made it unfold-able. As far I know, the D-pad might be the same size as the 3DS.

Yea, I said that in my second sentence. It's just a DS that doesn't fold.

I asked a Nintendo fan friend and apparently it's what a lot of people want. No hinges to break and it feels like a tab which is better for the kids. Idk, I think it's stupid but I suppose if that's what people really want, more power to em.

IMO, they broke too far away from what they original set out to do and it makes it useless for people like me.

Hmm...I think Nintendo took advice from Microsoft by not knowing how to count

DS
DSi
3DS
2DS

I guess video games and math really don't relate.

2DS simply coming from not having 3D, which is where my comment previously came from "it's just a DS then". Naming doesn't make any sense. Then again, SP didn't make much sense either. I didn't consider the SP "special" because they made something awesome and made it worse while adding the much needed backlight. IMO anyways.

That is weird... I saw another DS type thing that was in the "form of a slide phone" (wonder twins powers activate). And if people are breaking the hinges, they are not using it correctly and will most likely break this one in half. Then they will complain 'it does not bend enough.' I really like the fact that I can quick pause a game by closing the 3DS.

its an older thread but to add to PP's saying about hinges... its true.
Lil one broke the 3DS's hinges within the first 2 weeks. Kinda ****ed about it as it now unfolds completely and only increases the chance to break further.

She also doesn't use the 3D feature, which mind boggles me. Guess she doesn't like it enough to use it =/

That is weird... I saw another DS type thing that was in the "form of a slide phone" (wonder twins powers activate). And if people are breaking the hinges, they are not using it correctly and will most likely break this one in half. Then they will complain 'it does not bend enough.' I really like the fact that I can quick pause a game by closing the 3DS.
The hinges can break simply from dropping it on the carpet because they are small weak pieces of plastic. My 23 year old fiance dropped hers once and due to its weight balance it fell directly on the hinge causing it to break. I was able to fix it myself, but some people might not be able to do that. Having a kid myself and lots of family and friends that also have kids, the 2DS in theory is a great idea. Much like the original Gameboy and Color back in the day. No moving pieces, less likely to break. Like I said before too, it also handles much like a tab which makes it easier for kids to kinda grip.

Back
Top Bottom