Xbox Kinect spying

Popeyedcookie

Baseband Member
Believe me I'm not one to buy into conspiracy theories, but the weirdest thing happened to me and my friend. We both had Xbox 360s with the Kinect but eventually we took them out, but the other day I upgraded to the Xbox one titan fall bundle (which is awesome). So my friend came over to check it out during lunch. Never signed in but by the time we got back from lunch he got a survey on his email he uses for Xbox live asking about his experience with titan fall. What are the chances of that? Did my Kinect recognize my friend and tracked what we were playing? Which by the way I have never gotten a survey. Wierd.

Believe me I'm not one to buy into conspiracy theories, but the weirdest thing happened to me and my friend. We both had Xbox 360s with the Kinect but eventually we took them out, but the other day I upgraded to the Xbox one titan fall bundle (which is awesome). So my friend came over to check it out during lunch. Never signed in but by the time we got back from lunch he got a survey on his email he uses for Xbox live asking about his experience with titan fall. What are the chances of that? Did my Kinect recognize my friend and tracked what we were playing? Which by the way I have never gotten a survey. Wierd.

It's probably because you bought the Titanfall bundle, so when you used the key to download it a generic email was probably auto-generated. I honestly don't know for sure though, I've never heard of anyone getting emails like this. I highly doubt Kinect had anything to do with it though.

My friend got the email not me. And the Xbox just recognized him as a guest, that's what's weird.

Wow! How creepy... I wouldn't doubt that the Xbox recognized his face and put a face to a name.. technology these days.. I didn't really like the idea of Kinect in the first place.. I mean it's bad enough we have computers that come pre-installed with webcams! It's amazing how easy it is to hack into one of those things, I used to see it happen all the time.

Sorry I don't have an explanation for you. My advice, turn Kinect off and revert back to the olden days of just playing a game, without the Xbox watching you! ;)

I don't believe the hype either but that just unsold me on the titanfall bundle. LoL

I couldn't agree more. I ditched my '360 when Microsoft announced that Kinect was coming pre-installed on the Xbox 1. I have never had any love for Microsoft, but the NSAbox 1 was the last nail in Microsoft's coffin, in my opinion.

Owned an original Xbox, never owned a PS3 but had a PS2.. I'm so pleased I have never bought one or the other.

And quite frankly after reading the link kharn has posted, I've got no intentions of buying one. Also to be honest I'm pleased this was flagged up as I would of consider it for Xmas.

i find it unlikely that it would recognize his his face and connect it with his account, how could it? something i find creepy is that facebook does that. well, it doesnt send emails, but it does pick up facial recognition. i was scrolling through my newsfeed the other day and one of my friends posted a picture with another friend. it asked me if i wanted to tag the other friend. how did it know who that person was? its weird, but at the same time its sort of impressive. just thought i'd share, sorry for being off topic.

Back
Top Bottom