Microsoft Announces Xbox 360 Elite Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
In a Press announcement yesterday, Microsoft finally took the wraps off of the eagerly awaited Xbox 360 "Elite" edition.

The new edition of the popular gaming consol features several improvements to the original. The first and most obvious is the new paint job. The Elite features a new Slate Black design (Seen Here) instead of the original Silver and White finish.

But this new system isn't all about looks; the new version boasts a huge 120GB hard drive as well as a High-Definition HDMI output for those with HDTV sets.

Of course, the Elite also comes with the standard 360 Wireless Controller and Headset as well as an Xbox Live Silver membership.

The Xbox 360 Elite is expected to hit U.S. shelves on April 29th, and will retail for approximately $600.

Xbox.com | Xbox 360 - Introducing Xbox 360 Elite

I think this is a pretty dumb move. Why did they leave out a HD or Blu-Ray drive? Who is REALLY going to pay an extra $200 for a 120GB HD that they probably wont use (most people that do buy it are probably just wanting to gloat by saying, "you've got the the Xbox 360, and I have the Xbox 360 ELITE."), and a new black paint job that doesn't even make it look all that cool. The only thing that it has going for it is a HDMI port. Big deal...

i wonder if theres a way to use a pc ide hdd on an xbox then install the xbox firmware, doubt it though Microsoft will have covered that

I am sure there is a way. You might have driver issues though, and it might be hard to grab the firmware off of a 360.

there may be a way of downloading it but if you could it probably would be packed full of crap like viruses

wtf? i meant if u got the 360 firmware of a 3rd party website it would probarbly come with spyware and viruses, i have nothing agianst the 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom