Halo Reach map packs and LAN play

Veraster

In Runtime
So I have two 360s. The goal is to make it so that they both have all the Halo Reach map packs installed for LAN play. Xbox #1 has all the map packs downloaded. Xbox #2 doesn't. If I sign in to my xbl account, will Microsoft be generous enough to allow me to download them again on to that Xbox without buying them again?
If I can't do that, (which I doubt you can because software manufacturers are stingy as I don't even know what) would I have to make a new xbl account just to download those maps or can I do it from my same account?
None of the xboxes will be connected to xbl after I get all those maps downloaded if that makes a difference.

IIRC your pack is locked to your profile / Live account. So in other words, only your profile can use the pack and the other players sharing the Xbox with your account. The other one will need a player with the pack.

So it won't work if I move my profile and Halo Reach data to a USB stick, copy it to my computer, put it back on my Xbox and then copy the backup I made back onto the USB stick from my computer and put it on my other Xbox, right?

No it wont work if you try to just copy it. Also if PP is right, which I think he is, it wont matter anyways. As you need to be signed into XBL in order to use the map packs. So your attempt to not have the XBOX's connected and use the maps is already DOA. It cant be don't.

Wow that's pretty anal of Microsoft.

Is it the hard drive or the Xbox itself that my maps are "licensed" to? For example, will it allow me to play the maps with the same hard drive on a different console? I can currently use the map packs offline on this console but I haven't updated my dash since I bought the maps.

Back
Top Bottom