Tails \ VPN + TOR ..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I have been doing some reading and Tails the OS what is geared towards privacy! Am I correct in thinking you cant use this with just a VPN. You have to use this with TOR as well. I was gonna switch over today but held back when I found out that its only compatible with TOR I think and not a VPN as well like PIA.

I'm due my subscription renew in a few weeks and wasn't sure weather to jump over to AIR VPN. The stuff they have on offer with part of their package is unreal for access to their servers on a subscription.

I was thinking AIR VPN and Tails.

What do you gyes think.

This is a direct quote from Tails FAQ-=--
"USING A VPN INSTEAD OF TOR

It is a very fundamental assumption of Tails to force all outgoing traffic to anonymity networks such as Tor or I2P. VPN are not anonymity networks, because the administrators of the VPN can know both where you are connecting from and where you are connecting to. Tor provides anonymity by making it impossible for a single point in the network to know both the origin and the destination of a connection."

found here

vpn support for tails

This is a direct quote from Tails FAQ-=--
"USING A VPN INSTEAD OF TOR

It is a very fundamental assumption of Tails to force all outgoing traffic to anonymity networks such as Tor or I2P. VPN are not anonymity networks, because the administrators of the VPN can know both where you are connecting from and where you are connecting to. Tor provides anonymity by making it impossible for a single point in the network to know both the origin and the destination of a connection."

found here

vpn support for tails

Its been a while since I had a good mosey around the forums, I've been looking most days but not checked a lot of the threads so apologizes for this late reply.

I wont be using tails. I'm looking in to setting up PFSense. TOR has been compromised and I don't trust it. I'd trust my VPN provider before I did TOR and having my unencrypted traffic routed threw an exit node. Not too mention the whole thing with the hops in the chain. Its not particularly safe entering the chain and exiting the chain.

I was reading the PFSense is compatible with OpenVPN so I'm doing some reading in too this when I can.

EDIT: Thanks for your reply tho. :) ..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom