Security certification recommendation

GLaDOS

In Runtime
Hi all,

I'm working towards transitioning from my desktop support/infrastructure role to specializing more in security. I currently hold CompTIA A+, Net+, and Security+ as well as GIAC's GISF certification.

I was hoping to work on an intermediate-level certification that was more technical - I'm still trying to decide between a more technical or management track in security and thought getting a cert that was more technical might be a good starting point.

In reading through the forums here, and some other sites, I was considering going after the CEH certification. CEH seemed to have good market value and be a good introduction to the more technical side of information security. I was also looking at SSCP, but that seemed to hold less weight (at least after doing some searches on various job boards) - but perhaps I'm off-base on that?

I just wanted to see if there were any thoughts or other recommendations to be considered?

Longer-term, I'd like to get a few more certs under my belt to get a broad base of knowledge and then go after my CISSP to tie it all together.

As always, I sincerely appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom