Question on Domain

Greyshirk

Beta member
Hi im wondering how fast would the school administration notice if i switched out of domain mode?
They have most things locked down so im switching. Ive gotten tired of having to input the admin's user/password, plus tried changing registries and policy but no success.

Or is there an easier way.

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 7
I will answer you but first I want to say that this is a moral grey area. If you do something that damages their property you could be liable. This may or may not include you paying for the time that others will spend repairing the damage you've done, the equipment itself, and not to mention potential criminal charges. Now that I've addressed the disclaimer I will also mention that this forum doesn't allow discussion of any malicious activity (such as cyber breaking and entering). Bypassing your Board of Educations information security policies may fall under that rule but for the sake of discussion, and because you have administrator rights, I will answer under the assumption that you're doing this in a "white-hat" environment.

How fast they may notice that you have removed a computer from their domain depends entirely on what AD auditing/monitoring they use and how much of a priority they put towards securing their endpoints.

What exactly are you trying to do that they've locked you out of doing?

Last edited:
Going to post this here as a reminder; from the rules:
Tech-Forums is here for informative purposes only. We are not here to help bypass, or otherwise negate, security or any other measures put in place by a Employer, School or Parent.

Get access to command line and control panel, Minimal things :/. Thanks for the info glad i asked here first, I will read on the rules as well.

I agree with what was said before, not to mention that often schools will block things they feel are unsafe or inappropriate for kids. Often times teachers will have access to more websites, but many functions on computers are blocked to prevent one person from interfering with all computers since they are often on one network. Personally I would advise against changing anything.

Back
Top Bottom