Pc repair store- usual turnaround time for my problem

bellakella83

Beta member
I dropped my laptop off at a local computer repair shop (Enterprise).
I had a virus that wouldn't let me login into Windows. The technician left me a voicemail last night saying "he will probably be able to restore the system to an earlier date and it was technically in the diagnostic stage" There closed until Monday and I didn't get a chance to ask him how long this would take.

Does anyone have an idea? Keep in mind, it's a small store and there was only one person working when I dropped my pc off.

I wouldn't think it would take longer than a few hours but I could definitely be wrong.
Thanks!!!

Why did you take it to the store in the first place when you already posted a thread asking for help about it? We could have helped for free.

Either way, all depends on how many other systems are in there ahead of you, and if it's anything more than just a system wipe / reinstall. If there's any data backing up & restoring that has to be manually done, then it could take a day or 2, again depending on how busy they are.

I dont trust the repair shops, if I dont know something I take it to the guy I trust and give him the money or whatever. The only time I took it to repair shop took them more than a week and that computer wasnt for private purposes but freelancing stuff.

That depends on how popular that repair shop is and how many people are working there. Something like that should not take more than 1-2 days to fix, but if your laptop is, let's say, 10th in line, you might have to wait a bit. Your best bet would be to call in and ask them directly. Although I have noticed that whenever they say 3 days, it turns out to 10.

How can you trust third party with your system? Now it all depend on on this guy tech abilities and your system specs it could take couple of hours or may be long. Can you share the specs details?

Back
Top Bottom